The CARE Leadership Council serves to develop opportunities and programming designed to increase academic success, college persistence, and timely graduation in an environment of engagement and support for traditionally underrepresented students at FSU.
The CARE Leadership Council functions to help traditionally underrepresented students transition and succeed at Florida State University. The Council works to create an atmosphere of engagement and academic support within CARE to ensure students' educational and professional success. Overall, the Council functions to do the following:
- Create programs and events that stimulate involvement in CARE, at Florida State University, and in the local community
- Build community between CARE students through social events and engagement activities
- Help develop programming for General Assemblies
- Prepare students for post-graduation life
- Give back to Florida State University, the local community, and the global community
- Enrich CARE and the FSU community by providing opportunities for personal and professional development, academic support, and leadership development
- Serve as a student voice to the CARE Leadership Team
The CARE Leadership Council encourages students to learn how to navigate the University by way of creating and connecting students to opportunities. Students will be exposed to professional development, academic engagement, and social events where students grow during their time at FSU while preparing for post-graduation life. Through advocacy and support, the CARE Leadership Council encourages students to reach academic and personal success by continuing and completing their studies.
The CARE Leadership Council adheres to the University's Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Statement.
Membership in the CARE Leadership Council is open to all CARE students. Click to learn more information on the CARE Leadership Council and to apply for membership.
Description of the Executive Board & Cabinet Positions, Responsibilities, Qualifications, and Application to Join.
Click to apply for an E-Board position with the CARE Leadership Council.