The Illuminate Scholars and Enrichment Program (Illuminate Program) from the Division of Undergraduate Studies is designed to promote student engagement, belonging and participation in experiential learning. The Illuminate Program is an invitation only program and scholarship, for students pursuing their bachelor's degree with support of the Federal Pell grant. The Illuminate Program includes structured workshops, support from professional staff, and an annual scholarship. Illuminate Scholars can expect to have access to a variety of college-related services to enrich their Florida State experience and set the stage for a positive post-graduation experience.
Illuminate Program Experience
Illuminate Scholars are expected to complete workshops and meetings with staff each semester to support their engagement and persistence towards degree completion. Through the experience scholars have a unique transition and development program designed to build community, gain skills and have an impactful FSU experience. Illuminate is designed based on the four-year college experience. However, staff will tailor expectations for students with an accelerated graduation date.
As we embark on a new path with Illuminate, we are focused on promoting your success, engagement and social mobility via:
- $6,000 scholarship, which will be distributed throughout eight semesters in $750 increments at the beginning of each fall and spring semester
- Up to $2,000 in funding assistance for an experiential learning experience (one-time award) to support internships, undergraduate research, study abroad or service learning
- Connection to supportive staff and peers
- Learning, development, and belonging through various workshops and social events
Through your active participation in the Illuminate Program, it is our desire that you will:
- Be Reflective | Cultivate a deeper understanding of themselves and will establish their own personal ethics, morals, and values.
- Be Prepared | Gain knowledge of the skills and competencies needed to succeed professionally.
- Be Qualified | Gain knowledge of the skills and competencies needed to succeed professionally.
- Be Informed | Acquire skills related to critical thinking, civic engagement, and problem solving.
The Center for Academic Retention and Enhancement (CARE) is the administrative home for the Illuminate Program on behalf of the Division of Undergraduate Studies. CARE provides academic advising, financial aid and financial wellness advising, tutoring, study rooms, wellbeing services, and specialized workshops on experiential learning opportunities. CARE also provides students with access to opportunities to attend conferences or explore graduate schools in preparation for life beyond FSU.
For more information, please feel free to contact Mr. Adarius Simpkins with CARE at email@example.com.