General Study Room Information
CARE provides 25 private and group study rooms for students to use to support their academic success. Students can check out study rooms for up to a maximum of 2 hours. Students will be responsible for any damages the room, keys, or equipment associated with misuse of any of the CARE Study Rooms. There is no eating or drinking in CARE Study Rooms.
Who Can Use the Study Rooms?
In general, CARE Study Rooms will be reserved on a first-come, first-serve basis. Rooms may only be reserved for up to 2 Hours Maximum. CARE reserves the right to prioritize requests according to study room priority:
- CARE College Students or CARE Pre-Collegiate Division Students
- FSU students collaborating on course materials or other academic work.
- FSU students conducting meetings for academic organizations (i.e. honor societies).
- FSU faculty or staff members conducting meetings directly related to the academic mission of FSU.
- FSU students conducting meetings for other campus registered student organizations (RSO's).
You are not eligible to use a CARE Study Room if (1) you are not an FSU student, faculty, or staff member not affiliated with CARE's family of programs; or (2) you are a private tutor being paid or you work for a tutoring service outside of FSU.
These rooms are not to be used for teaching a regularly scheduled FSU class. Please contact FSU Academic Space and Scheduling for an appropriate space.
- All study rooms have GREEN WALLS which you are able to write on. ONLY WRITE ON THE GREEN WALLS!!!
- You can only use a dry erase marker supplied by CARE. You will be responsible for permanent damage made to the room, including wall surface markings.
- DO NOT write/draw any explicit or profane material on CARE Study Room walls.
- All rooms must be checked out at the first or second floor reception desk.
- You must hand the attendant your FSU Card in exchange for a room card or room key
- Upon leaving the CARE Study Room, you must complete the following steps:
- Pick up all trash left in the study room and place it in the appropriate recycle or trash bin.
- Close the CARE Study Room door completely upon exit.
- Erase all dry erase markings off the Green Wall upon exit.
- Return the room access card or room key to the same reception desk you checked out the room.