FSU's Student Support Services-STEM (SSS-STEM) program is one of the eight federally funded TRIO programs designed to improve retention, graduation, financial literacy, and overall academic success rates for students majoring in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math fields. FSU SSS-STEM helps meet these goals by providing academic and engagement activities for qualified students throughout their enrollment at FSU. SSS-STEM is fully funded by the U.S. Department of Education.
SSS-STEM offers free academic services to program participants to help them remain at FSU, graduate on-time in a STEM major, and prepare for post-graduation life.
- Individual Support and Encouragement
- Course Selection and Academic Advising
- STEM workshops and activities
- College Life Coaching
- Graduation Planning & Coaching
- One-on-One and Group Tutoring for General Education Courses
- Tutoring & Supplemental Instruction for Upper-Division Courses
- Personal, Career, and Financial Counseling
- FAFSA, Financial Aid, and Scholarship Search Assistance
- Cultural Enrichment Activities
- Graduate School Tours and On-Campus Visits
- Mentoring and Leadership Opportunities
- Computer and Study Lab with free printing
- Participant Achievement Awards and Celebrations
- Opportunities to participate in annual leadership conference
- Opportunities to connect with other program participants with similar interest and backgrounds
- And much more!
Who qualifies for TRIO services?
To qualify for the SSS-STEM program, students must:
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States,
- Be accepted for enrollment or currently enrolled at FSU,
- Not have a parent with a four-year college degree,
- Meet Federal Income Guidelines to qualify as low income, and
- Have an academic need for TRIO services
- Be enrolled in one of the STEM majors outlined in the FSU Academic Guide: http://www.academic-guide.fsu.edu/stem.html
How to Apply?
- To apply, contact Ms. Roxanne Simpson (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications are accepted throughout the year.