Work-Study is awarded by the Office of Financial Aid. If you are awarded work-study and have been offered a position in CARE, new employees must complete the following steps to become an active employee of FSU and be part of the Payroll system.
View Below for documents you are required to have when you meet with the CARE HR Reps if you are being hired as a Work-Study Student.
- You will need a signed Work-Study Authorization Form.
- This will typically be handed to the Department Rep by the hiring supervisor. If you still have it, bring it with you to your appointment with Ms. Daniels.
- Secure a copy of your Social Security card.
- Bring in the actual card and we will make a copy for you in our office.
- The card must be signed.
- You can apply for a new Social Security card downtown if you do not have one (see our office for details).
- Have your bank account information ready.
- Typically you can get the numbers you need off of a check from your checkbook.
- You'll need a Bank Routing Number and your Checking Account Number for the Direct Deposit Form.
- Direct Deposit is required, it automatically deposits your pay into the bank account of your choice on payday.
Please contact Jennifer Daniels at 850-644-9699, or the program or hiring supervisor for the applicable program area for assistance. Phone numbers and email links are available on our Staff contact page.