The CARE Leadership Council is led by a an Executive Board and Cabinet comprised of the following positions. Click the position name to see the responsibilities of each position.
The President Shall
- Act as Chair of the CARE Leadership Council
- Be responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the office.
- Execute decisions on policy, procedure, and activities as prescribed by the CARE Leadership Council.
- Create ad hoc and standing committees as needed to deal with specific needs of CARE and CARE students.
- Provide a set of specific guidelines to each CARE Leadership Council member with respect to their duties, and oversee the collective progress of the Council throughout its term.
- Delegate responsibilities to other Council members within their respective positions that are necessary for the growth of the CARE Leadership Council.
- Provide overall supervision of the finances allocated to the CARE Leadership Council.
- Appoint and remove staff members, in consultation with the CARE Staff Liaison.
The Vice President shall
- Exercise the authority and duties of the President in the absence of the President.
- Oversee all ad hoc and standing committees.
- Assist the President with the agency’s daily operation.
- Update the Council with any new information and changes concerning CARE Leadership Council related activities, functions, and meetings.
- Sign official documents along with the President as required in their respective capacity.
The Secretary shall:
- Write the minutes for all CARE Leadership Council Executive Board, Cabinet, and General Body meetings.
- Maintain a collective set of minutes of Council meetings to be turned in to the new Secretary following the election of officers.
- Maintain a membership roll and record of the attendance at Council meetings, as well as the membership roll of CARE-affiliated organization representative (Unconquered Scholars, SSS, SSS-STEM, etc.).
- Call for correspondence of the CARE Leadership Council except when otherwise delegated.
- Execute and be responsible for submitting in a timely manner, forms, documents and reports as required for the operation of the office.
The Treasurer shall:
- Maintain all records and papers regarding the financial affairs of the CARE Leadership Council.
- Monitor and report the financial status of the CARE Leadership Council to the Executive Board and CARE Staff Liaison on a periodic basis.
- Manage the finances of the CARE Leadership Council.
- Execute and be responsible for submitting in a timely manner all budget requests and be fiscally accountable.
The Cabinet is comprised of the following positions:
- Professional Development Chair - responsible for developing and coordinating career and professional development activities for CARE students
- Public Relations Chair - responsible for publicizing and advertisement events hosted by the CLC and CARE through social media, websites, the University calendar, and other forms of communications
- Community Service Chair - responsible for the management and organization for visits off campus and communications with the off campus communities. They will also organize on campus community service when needed
- Social Chair - responsible for creating and coordinating social events to encourage peer connections and student engagement
- Fundraising & Development Chair - responsible for developing and coordinating fundraising activities for the CLC
- Alumni Relations Chair - responsible for corresponding with CARE graduates and developing alumni engagement activities, including reunions, homecoming events, speaker series, and mentor matching.
- At-Large Representatives - representatives from the various programs within CARE (SSS-SCOPE, SSS-STEM, Unconquered Scholars, etc.) have standing representation on the CLC
Eligibility for E-Board Positions
To be eligible for the positions, students must
- Be current CARE students with a 2.5 GPA or higher
- Be in compliance with their CARE requirements
- Have at least 30 credit hours
- Have completed at least one year at FSU