Apply to the 2014 CARE SBP
READ BEFORE APPLYING TO THE CARE SUMMER BRIDGE PROGRAM!!!!!
CARE Application DEADLINE: January 15, 2014
To ensure you submit a completed application, you should complete all of the steps below:
Steps to a COMPLETED CARE Summer Bridge Program Application
The Application Checklist will have a comprehensive list of all items required for a 2014 CARE SBP application. Below is a list of the minimum items required for submitting a Summer Bridge Program application:
- Complete the FSU Application (http://admissions.fsu.edu)
- Pay the FSU Application Fee ($30), or submit application fee waiver
- Complete the CARE Summer Bridge Program Application
- Complete the 2013-2014 FAFSA (http://www.fafsa.ed.gov). The FAFSA can be completed at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov. All outstanding documents that are required for a completed CARE application must be submitted to the FSU Office of Admissions by January 15, 2014.
- Complete the Florida Residency Form. The form can be completed at http://admissions.fsu.edu/residency/.
- Submit the following documents that apply to you:
- Parent(s)/Legal Guardian(s) 2012 Tax Return (if no taxes filed for 2012, you must submit the Parent Non-Filer Form).
- If your parent/legal guardian is claiming a disability, you must submit a copy of their Social Security Statement.
- If you have a Green Card (Permanent Resident), you must submit a copy of your card (front and back).
CARE 2014 Essays
There are 3 essays required to apply to CARE. Please complete the following essays and upload them to your 2014 CARE Application. Essays are a MAXIMUM of 500 words.
- Essay 1: Why do you want to go to college?
- Essay 2: What circumstances have you overcome in your life that can attest to your determination to complete a college education?
- Essay 3: How can the Center for Academic Retention and Enhancement assist you with your educational goals at FSU?
Tips on Submitting Your Application
- The application must be completed online.
- Write down your FSUSN. You obtain this number after completing the FSU Application. You will need this to complete the FSU Application. Without it, we cannot connect your application to FSU.
- You should get all of the required documentation together before applying. The best method to submit the documents is through uploading them to the online application.
- You will receive a confirmation email upon completion of the online application. That is your copy to keep.
- If you do not upload the supporting documents, you must mail or fax them into the FSU Office of Admissions.
THE APPLICATION AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION MUST BE SUBMITTED BY JANUARY 15, 2014 to
The Florida State University
Office of Admissions
282 Champions Way
P.O. Box 3062400
Tallahassee, FL 32306-2400
Fax: (850) 644-0197